Position of Head of PMO - one year renewable - Middle East
One year renewable
A telecom operator is looking for his Head of PMO
He will be managing a team of 3 to 4 PMO
The Head of Project Management will monitor and evaluate the implementation of the overall strategy and project plan in order to ensure that the projects at the operator are on course as per the defined scope, timelines, budgets and risk management policies. This role will be responsible for the reviewing of RFPs for external services to ensure adherence to set standards and guidelines. The Head of PMO ensures all of the operator’s major projects are planned, approved, and implemented to meet the operator’s risk review requirements from the outset. This will include the delivery of products, services, and management of contracts. The Head of PMO further ensures that the appropriate combination of technical support, procurement resources, guidelines, procedures, consultants, and software are available to support project teams for projects at the operator. The Head of PMO will be working in conjunction with the Head of Corporate Strategy and the corporate strategy team to realize growth strategies that support the continued improvement of The operator’s overall performance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Thinking and Planning
• Define and align the structure and execution of strategic initiatives through the development of project plans, gathering and generation of relevant data, driving analyses, and the development of actionable recommendations.
• Develop the functional strategy as cascaded down from the company strategy and oversee its implementation throughout the organization and its operations, to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies across The operator.
• Plan and structure the activities of ongoing and upcoming projects at The operator in order to achieve the strategic objectives for the year.
• Provide short and long-term recommendations for the purpose of developing and capitalizing on business opportunities.
• Review feasibility of new markets as well as their potential growth opportunities.
• Define goals, responsibilities and authorities for team members and ensure objective periodic administration of The operator’s performance appraisal process, and provide feedback on an on-going basis.
• Follow all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures for all people management activities such as recruitment, induction, training and performance appraisals.
• Identify skill gaps and proactively take opportunities to coach and develop the performance and capabilities of team members.
• Transfer knowledge in a clear, concise and diplomatic manner with an aim to cohesively align information within the business.
• Work in partnership with the operator’s executives and stakeholders in order to evaluate overall performance against targets and make necessary adjustments as is necessary.
• Conduct periodic reviews to ensure that project goals, project plan, milestones and deliverables are practical and can meet the desired objectives.
• Create reports defining project progress, issues, corresponding solutions & risk-management initiatives.
• Determine the resources required based on the work load, work allocation and requirements of the projects in particular.
• Develop, refine and actively drive projects to achieve strategic objectives.
• Ensure project budgets are adhered to and controlled appropriately.
• Ensure that all project documentation is complete, accurate, verified, and stored appropriately.
• Ensure that all project-related activities and measures comply with company standards, policies and procedures.
• Ensure that RFPs for external services and the selection of contractors are completed as per defined timelines and standards.
• Ensure that the Department has the necessary facilities and tools to perform their functions/tasks.
• Ensure that the quality, health, safety and environment-related requirements as applicable to respective projects are met at all times.
• Ensure the procurement department is always aligned to the project plan.
• Identify and understand key cost elements as well as key drivers of costs and revenues, including pricing; and identify strategic ways to control costs and maximize revenue, thus enhancing product/service/organizational profitability.
• Lead the development of project goals, project plans, milestones and deliverables, and ensure that it meets the operator’s objectives.
• Liaise and coordinate with Project Managers in an effort to coordinate and manage specific project issues, changes and risks.
• Liaise with the Finance team to acquire future projections and fiscal analysis regarding ongoing and upcoming projects at the operator.
• Manage and oversee all changes to the strategy and related/impacting projects.
• Monitor the execution of projects, with a focus on communication, conflict management and risk mitigation & resolution at all times.
• Oversee all Project Specifications, Scopes of Work, and ensure appropriate documentation and storage.
• Review project reports on project progress, budgets, risks and issues, and ensure these project reports are accessible as required.
• Support in building the PMO standards, processes and templates, and ensure its adherence to best practice.
• Define and manage the effective use of both in and out-sourced resources to deliver against the operator’s strategic plan.
• Manage resources based on recruitment needs and organizational changes as and when they occur.
• Manage the selection, contracts and performance of agencies according to business needs/ scope and deliverables received.
• Engage key stakeholders across units and divisions in the planning process and align expectations and goals through meetings and workshops and ensure that organisational goals are understood and cascaded across units and divisions, to create organisational alignment.
• Involve internal stakeholders and foster a passion for and commitment to CSR activities.
• Manage the departmental team of direct and indirect reports through effective recruitment, development, performance management, and succession planning, to maximise team performance and achieve departmental objectives.
06- PMO07- Technique / Network1- Gestion de programme / Program management2- Gestion de projet / Project management3- Gestion de portefeuille de projets / Portfolio management...01- Anglais / English
110 to 110K$ / year all inclusive - Nothing will be added (no plane tickets, no house allowance, no medical, ...)
Ability to synthesize
Confortable with telecom technical part
Arabis will be a plus