Position for Residential Product Manager (Fixed and Mobile) - 1 year renewable - Middle East
1 year renewable
Reporting to the Head of Product, the role will include complete lifecycle management of Fibre Optic (FTTP) broadband, Wi Fi, and Ethernet based internet access services plus associated CPE hardware (routers) and peripheral services (i.e. Web Security). This role will include the opportunity to develop new services within the portfolio and the need to facilitate growth of the existing portfolio. This is an ideal opportunity for a self-starter to take ownership of the management and development of an award-winning product range at an exciting time in the evolution of internet access technologies.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Thinking and Planning
• Develop the functional strategy as cascaded down from the company strategy and oversee its implementation throughout the organisation and its operations, to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies across the operator.
• Lead and deliver the strategy for internet access, steering the direction of the requirements for new products and services, product enhancements and service improvements, meeting the need for ever changing customer needs and expectations.
• Monitor product performance on a monthly basis, and work proactively with internal stakeholders to maximise the success of products in terms of unit sales, margin contribution, operational performance, customer satisfaction and retention.
• Provide strategic and financial input and direction to the company's annual business planning.
• Produce and implement a product line plan for the Connectivity, Value Added & Security line portfolio including; market and competitor analysis, product roadmap, pricing & launch strategies, financial projections and recommendations and actions for improvement.
• Identify new business opportunities for the portfolio (range extension, new product/service offerings, new channels to market, third party alliances, etc.) and develop business proposals for address these opportunities.
• Drive timely and effective product enhancements and developments from both an internal and external customer perspective. These will operate within a Product Lifecycle Management framework and will require extensive collaboration with other teams across the company.
• Undertake detailed competitor analysis and develop understanding of competitor market share and product set. Use this information to create business develop strategies which seek to draw out key benefits of the company versus the competition within each segment
• Developing close working relationships with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors.
• Keep up-to-date of latest product, service, technology and regulatory developments within the industry.
• Define and manage the effective use of both in and outsourced resources to deliver against the operator’s strategic plan.
• Manage the selection, contracts and performance of agencies according to business needs/ scope and deliverables received.
• Manage resources based on recruitment needs and organisational changes as and when they occur.
• Manage the departmental team of direct and indirect reports through effective recruitment, development, performance management, and succession planning, to maximise team performance and achieve departmental objectives.
• Manage the development and consolidation of the departmental budget within own scope, and monitor the department’s financial performance versus the budget, to ensure the exercising of financial authority within established limits and the control of departmental budget expenditure.
The operator Value Alignment
• Practise simple, precise and clear communication, comprehension and performance.
• Demonstrate care for internal and external stakeholders.
• Adhere to smart and streamlined operational best practice.
• Facilitate agility and ease of work throughout performance at the operator.
01- Marketing2- BtoC1- Définition de la grille de prix / Pricing2- Définition du produit / Product conception3- Gestion de la vie du produit / Life cycle management...1- Dimensionnement de marché / Market sizing4- Parcours client / Customer path2- Segmentation3- Modélisation d'affaires / Business modeling6- Feuille de route / Roadmap01- Anglais / English
- Local contract
- No expatriation benefits
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in Marketing, Business Management, or equivalent.
Professional Qualifications & Experience
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the telecom industry.
• Deep understanding of Fixed line Telecoms especially technologies, operating models, processes, tools and key customer journeys.
• Experience managing internal and 3rd party vendors.
• A background of working within fast-paced, consumer focused organisations.
• In-depth knowledge of key performance metrics.
• Excellent understanding of regulatory and strategic challenges facing the residential and business telecoms market in the area as a whole.
Sector of Previous Experience
Language Requirements for Role
• English mandatory, Arabic would be a plus.