Position for IT Planning Lead - Middle East - 1 to 2 years
1 to 2 years
This is a key role in the Technology division. This position is responsible for overseeing and guiding IT network and resources development as well as staff guidance. Interaction with all technology departments is mandatory as to align technology choices within the division. This position requires personal dedication and time and requires a focused leader with the ability to manage, direct the IT solution planning function.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Thinking and Planning
• Develop the functional strategy as cascaded down from the company strategy and oversee its implementation throughout the organisation and its operations, to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies across the operator.
• Coach and mentor Staff
• Develop IT policy and procedures.
• Develop progress reports to demonstrate status of projects and tasks
• Develop roadmap for IT systems projects based on the operator requirements.
• Ensure IT organisational development to make sure correct resources with appropriate skill sets are in place.
• Ensure the regulatory compliance of IT systems coordinated with the Security and Compliance group.
• Follow international best practice standards for technology development.
• Handle vendor and contract control: Contracts and timely supply of services and delivery of agreed services from vendors.
• Identify any risks and mitigation strategies
• Maintain the vision of the operator and pursue technological developments aligned with that vision.
• Manage IT resource providers.
• Manage Staff (internal/external): Regular team meetings and action assignment for alignment and accountability. Follow up actions to ensure delivery.
• Share with management, the technical pursuits and achievements and relationship to the the operator vision.
• Update regularly as to the ability to meet agreed timelines and budget and notification of any technical issues that will impact plans.
• Be available at any time of day in the event of a network emergency in line with service provider standards.
• Ensure network development plans are aligned with Marketing forecasts.
• Monitor reports review and updates as to the network performance parameters to ensure sufficient network resource capacity is maintained via pragmatic ordering trigger processes and capacity levels.
• Plan resources and dimensioning of IT systems.
• Provide knowledge of cloud and virtual environments; VMWare et al.
• Provide knowledge of SAP systems and required support and enhancement.
• Provide methodology in the development and upgrading of IT systems.
• Provide methodology of information system analysis.
• Provide the operational understanding of IT hardware and software components.
• Provide the understanding of the communication protocols in IT environments.
• Support with the programming language and data processing background in IT environments.
• Define and manage the effective use of both in and out-sourced resources to deliver against The operator’s strategic plan.
• Manage the selection, contracts and performance of agencies according to business needs/ scope and deliverables received.
• Manage resources based on recruitment needs and organisational changes as and when they occur.
• Manage the departmental team of direct and indirect reports through effective recruitment, development, performance management, and succession planning, to maximise team performance and achieve departmental objectives.
• Manage the development and consolidation of the departmental budget within own scope, and monitor the department’s financial performance versus the budget, to ensure the exercising of financial authority within established limits and the control of departmental budget expenditure.
08- Informatique / IT1- Director - CxO - Management équipe 0 à 50 personnes / Less than 50 people team management2- Director - CxO - Management équipe 50 à 100 personnes / Between 50 and 100 people team management01- Anglais / English04- Arabe / Arabic
- Local contract
- No expatriation benefits
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Analysis or other related disciplines (B.S. Required, M.S. Preferred).
Professional Qualifications & Experience
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the IT industry
• At least 5 years in technical management roles
• IT related certifications; ITIL, Certified IT Manager (beneficial)
• VMWare Certified Professional (beneficial)
Sector of Previous Experience
• IT systems (including SAP systems requirements understanding)
Language Requirements for Role
• English mandatory, Arabic beneficial.