Position for CMO - East Africa - telecom operator - local or expat job
Permanent if local - 2 years if Expat
Directs and develops the OPCO’s marketing activities and policies to ensure a strong and well positioned product portfolio and effective market approach. Works with general management level to identify, develop, and implement effective and productive marketing strategies and plans. Coordinates activities with other departments within the OPCO to establish the proper infrastructure to support the different channels. Responsible for resource allocation, including budget and personnel. Tracks market developments to measure the effectiveness of current marketing efforts.
Takes decision to uncover and resolve issues associated with operational programs and projects. Establishes within his functional area the organizational, managerial and accountability structures. Action is checked only by effectiveness of the results obtained and typically requires a long term perspective, is virtually self supervisory.
Contributes to the formulation of the OPCO strategy and ensures that all Marketing policies and procedures are sound and drive the performance of the OPCO.
Defines strategic components of product marketing plans, in conjunction with general management team:
• Defines marketing strategies/plans
• Ensures that marketing strategies/plans are consistent with OPCO's goals and objectives
• Directs and develops the OPCO’s channel marketing activities and policies
Directs definition of marketing tactical plans for each product area in conjunction with managers and, ensuring that tactical plans reflect strategic objectives.
Coordinates activities with other departments within the OPCO to establish the proper infrastructure to support channel partners.
Reviews market research to determine opportunities that exist and ways to profit from them.
Directs the OPCO's advertising and PR activities with goal of establishing and maintaining a favourable image with investors, potential customers, employees and the public.
Directs the company’s marketing communications and web marketing activities as necessary.
Builds relationships with governments, regulatory bodies, business partners and suppliers, in order to raise OpCo’s profile within external political/social environment.
Manages the Marketing department:
• Oversees activities of personnel (i.e., hires, coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary)
• Works through managers in setting standards, priorities, and schedules
2- BtoC01- Marketing2- Définition du produit / Product conception1- Dimensionnement de marché / Market sizing2- Segmentation...4- Plan d'affaires / Business plan5- Budget6- Feuille de route / Roadmap1- Director - CxO - Management équipe 0 à 50 personnes / Less than 50 people team management2- Director - CxO - Management équipe 50 à 100 personnes / Between 50 and 100 people team management01- Anglais / English
Marketing at Director or Chief level
In développement countries
Highest level of knowledge of all products within a product family, OpCo’s policies and practices.
Expert knowledge; exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness. Leads the development of highly advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts. Guides and transfers knowledge to s/his team.
• Business awareness
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Excellent planning skills
• High personal standards and goal oriented
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
• Strong coaching skills
• Culture sensitivity
• 15+ years with University Degree in business, sales or marketing;out of which at least 7+ years leadership experience
• Proven ability to analyse complex business issues and identify, design and implement effective practical recommendations
• IT literacy
• Able to operate in a performance driven organization
• Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
• Fluency in English