Conceive, develop and execute the Marketing, Customer Care, Sales & Distribution strategy for an operation in West Africa that would result in achieving incremental CMS and RMS leadership in the operation; i.e. retail penetration, channel appointment, management, engagement and satisfaction and enhance revenue through adding new channels as well enhancing Market coverage. Incumbent will partner with the COO in strategizing and rolling out transformational initiatives in Sales and routes to market that would result in a sustainable competitive advantage for the operator.
The following departments report to the CCO
- Mobile Money Director
- Entreprise Business Director
- Sales & Distribution Director
- Marketing Director
- Customer Service Director
Define and drive Sales & Distribution strategy and execution for the operation
• Develop strategies to enhance the width and depth of distribution, through appointment of right channel partners which would translate into increased acquisitions, increase in Share of Gross Additions, higher revenues, increase in channel engagement and satisfaction scores. To demonstrate excellence in distribution through effective market planning and execution.
• Ensure implementation of agreed acquisition strategies for the business so as to enhance the leadership position in customer market share in every region
• Define Sales strategies/plans and ensure that these are consistent with overall goals and objectives
• Develop and lead the operation’s Channel Sales activities and policies and take accountability for both quantity and quality of acquisitions.
Enhance Revenue, Acquisition & Customer Market Share within the country. Deliver dominant CMS and ICMS for the operator
• Monitor relative performance of the operator against it competitors on a periodic basis across all regions with focus on Revenue and Customer Market Share.
• Develop targeted roadmaps for maximizing revenue from all revenue verticals
• Derive synergies across customer segments for overall revenue enhancement – drive cross-pollination across several sales channels and customer segments
• Identify and justify new coverage areas for network expansion and develop and implement new town launch strategies that would deliver market leadership in the shortest possible time.
Have in place marketing channels which are customer oriented and relationship driven.
• Execute a Distribution strategy for the regions that is customer facing in terms of availability and reach and nurtured by a strong relationship with channel partners.
• Conceptualize and implement trade engagement programmes, monitor ROI of channel partners and maintain healthy trade relationships and effectively utilize it for improving The operator’s position in the Market place.
• Ensure availability of all of products to customers across all the regions in the operation
Lead & Implement various Distribution Projects
• Work closely with PM & Transformation team to develop & implement various Distribution projects
• End to end responsibility for overall management of new projects and business initiatives
Actively monitor and track performance periodically
• Formulate, monitor and control for effective and efficient deployment of Distribution budget within the operation
• Evaluate, forecast and measure performance against plans
• Lead the production of regular dashboard reports with analysis of major trends or issues for review with COO, CEO and Group Distribution Head
• Keep Net Acquisition costs and other sales and distribution related cost under control to ensure that EBITDA margins across regions are sustained
Build a Capable and Motivated Team
• Develop a bench strength of future leaders through coaching &mentoring
• Establish team performance expectations
• Resource allocations consistent with short and longer term plans across all the regions
• Review Direct Reports performance and recommend appropriate rewards and recognition
• Create process for structure plans for Relationship Management across all Vertical functions.
02- Vente & Distribution / Sales & Distribution03- Service client / Customer Care04- Communication3- Mobile Money1- BtoB...2- BtoC01- Marketing4- Director - CxO - Plus de 500 personnes / More than 500 people team management01- Anglais / English02- Français / French3- Director - CxO - Management équipe 100 à 500 personnes / Between 100 and 500 people team management
Language: French and English mandatory
Experience in in development countries
Very strong Sales & Distribution background
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
♣ Bachelors degree in social sciences like Business Management, Marketing or like discipline
♣ Masters in Business Administration would be preferred additional qualification
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
♣ At least 15 years of relevant experience in Sales and Distribution, preferably with at least 5years experience in telecommunications and consumer goods sales environment.
♣ Very strong exposure in establishment and expansion of market penetration. Should have held a senior management position with top line or bottom line responsibility in a large sized company.
♣ Role requires extensive travel, average of 10-15 days per month.
Other requirements (Behavioural etc.)
♣ Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple The operationn geographies
♣ In depth Business understanding
♣ Customer focus / orientation
♣ Strong partner relationship management
♣ Excellent interpersonal skills
♣ Strong leadership skills
♣ Strong people skills- building collaborative relationships and empowering and developing people
♣ High on entrepreneurial spirit